Wraparound Services of
Van Buren Community
Mental Health Authority
57150 CR 681
Hartford, MI 49057
PHONE: ( 269 ) 621-2800
FAX: ( 269 ) 621-2962
What Are Wraparound Services?
The goal of wraparound services is to work with families who are committed to doing whatever it takes to keep their family together.
Families create Child and Family Teams by identifying friends, relatives, neighbors, and those who have an interest in supporting their family. The Child and Family Team works together to develop a plan of action designed to meet the family’s needs and to help them be successful. The plan is specific to each family.
The Wraparound Process…
- is family-centered
- is needs driven
- is strength-based
- does not dwell on limitations
- is culturally competent
- plans for crisis management
- builds on natural support systems
- plans for long-term stability
- is flexible
- finds creative ways to overcome obstacles
Wraparound is an idea that individuals and families are better served and more successful if their support networks collaborate in a united effort to meet the families’ needs.
Will It Work For My Family?
Wraparound works with children and adolescents who display:
- poor educational performance
- low grades
- drop-out risk
- school suspension
- disciplinary problems at home or school
- aggressive/assaultive behaviors
- negative attitude toward others
At New Outlook we provide the assistance to build, coordinate, and maintain the base of collaborative support.
Wraparound’s Guiding Principles:
- All families have strengths that must be recognized, valued and supported.
- All children have the right to a safe, loving, and stable home.
- All children have the right to a safe, stable, and supportive environment.
- Children are entitled to be served within their own family, neighborhood, and community.
New Outlook is an InterAgency Program with Members From:
- Bethany Christian Services
- Lutheran Social Services
- Michigan State University Extension
- Van Buren Community Mental Health Authority
- Van Buren County Department of Human Services
- Van Buren County Health Department
- Van Buren County Intermediate School District
- Van Buren County Juvenile Court
“In every child who is born under no matter what circumstances and of no matter what parents, the potentiality of the human race is born again, and in him, too, once more, and each of us, our terrific responsibility toward human life…”
Let Us Now Praise Famous Men