Clinical Services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (CSDD)
P.O. Box 177
Bangor , MI 49013
Phone (269) 427-5671
Fax (269) 427-1012
COMMUNITY SUPPORTS SERVICE MISSION:
To facilitate access for persons with developmental disabilities living in Van Buren County to the information, opportunities and supports for chosen participation in and contribution to the community, with help from chosen family and friend.
Individuals with developmental disabilities will live, work and participate in community life in accordance with their preferences, choices, and abilities.
PERSON CENTERED PLANNING:
A process for planning and supporting the individual receiving services which builds upon the individual’s capacity to engage in activities that promote community life and that honors the individual’s preferences, choices and abilities. Developing personal support networks and facilitating collaboration among community resources is emphasized.
A process which empowers those who have disabilities to have control over their lives and resources. Through self-determination, people will be supported in exercising all of the same rights, choices and opportunities enjoyed by other citizens. The four principals of self-determination are freedom to plan one’s own life; authority to control a targeted amount of resources; support for building a life in one’s community, and responsibility to give back to one’s community.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES:
In the Michigan Mental Health Code, a developmental disability, as pertains to a person older than five years of age, is defined as:
A severe chronic condition that meets all of the following requirements:
- Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or a combination of mental and physical impairments;
- Is manifested before the individual is 22 years old;
- Is likely to continue indefinitely;
- Results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity:
Self-care; Receptive/expressive language; Mobility; Self-direction; Capacity for independent living; Economic self-sufficiency.
- A person must be 18 years of age or older;
- Be a resident of Van Buren County;
- And demonstrate a need for supports coordination and/or other clinical services.
A person will not be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, sexual preference, or ability to pay.
Equal access to services will be made available to all persons as appropriate.
CLINICAL SERVICES OFFERED:
- Supports Coordination (Case Management)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Psychotropic Medication Monitoring